PDA

View Full Version : Tony Khan Details Jade Cargill Declining His 'Very Big Offer' To Stay With AEW

Kemo
10-02-2023, 08:38 PM
Tony Khan has provided detailed insight into his attempt to keep Jade Cargill as part of the All Elite Wrestling family. Despite making her a 'very big offer' that was even higher than her original asking price, it wasn't enough to prevent Cargill from joining WWE.

Khan spoke about Cargill's departure on Sunday night during the AEW WrestleDream post-show media scrum. At the end of the day, he accepts her decision and did everything in his power to give her a classy sendoff and says the door is always open for her to return some day down the road.

"I knew Jade’s contract had been ticking down and we were talking about a new contract and I was very interested in Jade coming back and we were having a negotiation," said Khan. "I made a very big offer and I thought it was a very fair offer. I think she was considering it, and then she asked for a bigger offer and then I went up again, and I kind of thought that was going to do it.

Then, it didn’t, which I was surprised because to be honest, I came up to a number that was higher than her original ask. I don’t know what I would have had to do at that point. I was a little surprised."

Cargill begin training at the WWE Performance Center last week. She's stated in interviews that she knows which brand she'll be joining, but hasn't said if it will be developmental (NXT) or the main roster (Raw/Smackdown.)