PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe on the Hunt For AEW World Title: 'I Am Focused & I Am Hungry'

Kemo
10-06-2023, 02:24 AM
Ring of Honor World Television Champion Samoa Joe is hungry once more to hold the richest prize in AEW.

Joe has held the ROH World TV Championship since April of last year, with his 537-day reign being the second-longest in history. Joe also holds the #3 spot for the most cumulative days with the gold.

While Joe is immensely satisfied to hold the ROH World Television Championship, the veteran has yet to hold the AEW World title. Speaking on this week's Dynamite, Joe made it clear that he is hungry for the title currently held by MJF.

"You know, there are many aspects to being a champion. But the one thing you can never truly replicate is the hunger to be a champion. Now I've been a champion myself many times and over those championship reigns I know what it means to be hungry and when to be satisfied.

Now the man that you look at before you is a man who is very satisfied. [A man] who has all the comforts of the world because he has been a champion everywhere he's ever been. But therein lies the problem. You see for me to be the champion, I need to be focused. For me to truly be a champion in this day and age, I need to regain that hunger.

And that's why I'm here today, to announce that I am focused. That I am ready, and I should be the AEW Heavyweight Champion. And granted no matter how I may feel about the outcome of my championship match [at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam against MJF] Max did earn my respect. And soon enough, he will realize that when I am hungry, I always manage to eat."