PDA

View Full Version : AEW Prepared Jade Cargill to Walk Into "A New Light" in WWE

Kemo
10-07-2023, 09:58 PM
Jade Cargill is grateful for her time with AEW, believing the All-Elite promotion prepared her for the "new light" in WWE.

Cargill, the inaugural AEW TBS Champion, signed with WWE last month in a massive acquisition for the company that has had everybody talking. WWE has wasted no time in giving Cargill the red-carpet treatment, with various spots promoting her arrival, including being mentioned by name during a recent episode of WWE SmackDown.

Cargill's arrival in WWE comes after a very impressive run in AEW, where she at one time boasted a 61-match undefeated streak. Speaking to PEOPLE, Cargill addressed her AEW run and how it will help her as WWE's newest Superstar.

“I feel like I'm walking into a new light,” Cargill says now. “AEW prepared me. It prepared me to have thick and tough skin."

Cargill also stated that things would not have gone well for her in WWE had she not gone to AEW first.

"If I would have been a part of such a machine like WWE at a younger age, I would have probably been in my head so much – so much – but because I've worn several hats in this life and I've already been thrown in the fire, so it's just prepared me for these moments.”

While many wrestlers spend years if not decades on the independents honing their craft and making a name, Cargill has accomplished plenty in an incredibly short amount of time. In the interview, Cargill said that the idea that she would be one of the top names in wrestling seemed impossible not too long ago.

If you would have told me about three years ago that I was going to be a professional wrestler, I would have probably burst out laughing."

WWE has not given a date for when fans can expect Cargill on TV though some fans believe she could be a part of this weekend's WWE Fastlane Premium Live Event.