PDA

View Full Version : Swerve Strickland Aims To Steal Bryan Danielson's Legacy

Kemo
10-10-2023, 05:45 PM
Swerve Strickland will battle Bryan Danielson tonight on AEW Dynamite: Title Tuesday. Neither man has won gold in AEW thus far, but that could all change very soon. The winner of this match challenges Christian Cage for the TNT Championship this Saturday on Collision.

Strickland spoke with Justin Barrasso for Sports Illustrated this week and said Danielson simply cannot be ready for him, because he's different. The AEW roster is loaded with talented wrestlers, but he possesses an unmatched combination of skills and natural gifts.

According to Strickland, there's nobody like him, there's been nobody like him, and the truth is, he's just getting started.

Strickland has no problem acknowledging that Danielson is one of the greatest of all time, but he's ready to claim that mantle for himself. He wants to surpass Danielson's greatness and inspire others in the process.

"I’m one of the most unique performers," he said. "I hope to spawn new talents to follow my template. I’m laying that groundwork now. Bryan Danielson’s legacy is ever-growing, but I want to be the one to seal it. This is where it ends for him and begins with me.”

Strickland has momentum following his victory over Hangman Adam Page at AEW WrestleDream earlier this month.