PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Reacts To Tony Khan's 'Fixation' To WWE

Kemo
10-13-2023, 08:30 PM
AEW President Tony Khan recently went berzerk on social media and it has caught the attention of WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

This week, AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT collided for viewership in what was dubbed as 'Tuesday Night War.' Khan had been heavily promoting Dynamite on social media in the days leading up to the show.

However what drew negative attention was the fact that he called out top names of WWE including Vince McMahon and labeled Triple H & Shawn Michaels, as the two "bald a**holes."

NXT secured a convincing win in the battle for viewers. WWE's developmental brand garnered 921,000 viewers while AEW Dynamite was watched by 609,000 fans. After enduring the loss in the ratings war, Tony Khan stated that John Cena & The Undertaker had never been on a WWE show that tallied less than 1 million views until this week's NXT.

During Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T discussed Tony Khan's recent social media activities. Booker T opined that Khan should concentrate more on developing the AEW brand than imitating WCW to counter-program WWE. He added:

"I don’t know what Tony Khan’s modus operandi is, I don’t know what his fixation on WWE is but I’ve said this once, I’ll say it a thousand times – Tony Khan got a hell of a product, he’s got a hell of a thing going but I really think that just like WCW, they focused on ‘WWE, WWE’, everything they were doing, they were trying to counter-program every Monday night. What are they doing? What are they doing?’ And I really think that WCW thought themselves right out of the war because they were focused on winning and beating WWE when they had a hell of a product already."

The current NXT commentator highlighted Khan's comment about WWE legends John Cena and The Undertaker. He said that the AEW head honcho should have given more thought to the remark before making it.

"I gotta take a dig at this last comment that he made about the NXT rating. He said that it was the first time that John Cena and the Undertaker appeared in front of less than a million people for WWE and the thing is, he’s got Edge and Christian and all of those guys… So it’s like, when you say stuff like that, you might want to think about it before you say stuff like that."

Because Edge was in the main event. Edge was in the main event of that show and they pulled 609 [thousand viewers]. The thing is, I’m sure, I’m sure Tony Khan thought that that was going to be a bigger number. I can’t be positive on this but I can imagine that Tony Khan would have thought that AEW Dynamite would have gotten a bigger number."