PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Never Imagined That 'Woooo' Would Become So Popular

Kemo
10-13-2023, 08:32 PM
Ric Flair's 'Woooo' is a staple of professional wrestling's past and present, but the Nature Boy never imagined it would become as big as it has.

Even now, years after Flair's full-time wrestling career came to an end, the 'Woooo' is heard whenever the Nature Boy appears on TV. The monosyllabic catchphrase can often be heard on shows Ric isn't on, as fans often use the 'Woooo' when a chop (another Flair staple) is used.

It's difficult to think of Ric Flair's career without his iconic 'Woooo' coming to mind. Speaking with PWInsider this week, Flair was asked if he ever foresaw the phrase becoming as iconic as it has.

"No, I could not. I realized when it caught on, I think I used it when I first left WWE, and every night someone would chop somebody I would text Vince, 'You're never gonna get rid of me.'"

Flair added that he's very thankful that the 'Woooo' has become a staple of wrestling as it demonstrates the impact that he has had on the industry.

While Ric Flair will almost certainly be wooing the next time he's on WWE TV, he won't be stepping back in the ring. Despite previous comments from Ric indicating that he wants one more match, Flair clarified that those comments were taken out of context.

"No, I have no desire to wrestle again. I said I could because I feel great. And if I did, I could be better because I would learn from the mistakes I made getting ready last time."

Flair's final match took place in July of last year and saw the Nature Boy team with his son-in-law Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal.