PDA

View Full Version : Logan Paul Sets Eyes On Rey Mysterio's US Title After Dillon Danis Fight

Kemo
10-15-2023, 04:21 PM
WWE superstar and boxer Logan Paul is looking to return to the wrestling ring after defeating Dillion Danis at Misfits Boxing: The Prime Card on October 14. After he earned the disqualification win in the sixth round over his opponent, he shared that he is ready to compete in WWE again and wants to face WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio.

In a post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani, Paul announced his intentions to become the next WWE United States Champion.

"My true passion, ya'll already know, I'm a WWE superstar. So, I'm moving back to the WWE. There are some championships that I want to get. I've got my eye on something. I got my eye on someone. I'm an American boy, and I want that U.S. title," said Paul.

Paul noted that he already had a win over the champion when he tagged with The Miz against Mysterio and his son, Dominik, at WWE WrestleMania 38 Night One on April 2, 2022. Although it was a tag team victory, "The Maverick" can boast that he did beat the WWE Hall of Famer in the past.

After the call-out, Mysterio welcomed the challenge on Twitter. However, it seems the WWE United States Champion has unfinished business with his Latino World Order ally, Santos Escobar.

It's unclear if Escobar has a rematch set, but Paul may have to go through the LWO star before getting a title opportunity.

After the call out to Mysterio, Paul has positioned himself to compete for the WWE United States Championship. However, the influencer/businessman/WWE Superstar/podcaster may have to wait.

Mysterio and the rest of the LWO are feuding with The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) and Bobby Lashley. Lashley also has a singles win over the champion on the October 6 episode of WWE Friday Night Smackdown. Before "The Maverick" could get his opportunity, the former two-time WWE Champion may get a rematch against the WWE Hall of Famer with the gold on the line.

It's unclear at this time what the company will decide, as Mysterio has plenty of challengers. However, Paul's win over Danis and his call-out could push WWE to consider him as a title contender.

r5blnxKpUJI