PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon Won't Have Final Cut On Upcoming Netflix Documentary

Kemo
10-18-2023, 05:11 PM
Vince McMahon will not have a final cut on the upcoming Netflix documentary chronicling his life.

The Ringer is producing the documentary for the streaming provider and Bill Simmons confirmed the news at the Bloomberg Screentime conference. Simmons also said the project has a chance to be the best one of his career.

Simmons said at the conference:

“I really think it has the chance to be the best one I’ve been involved with. I’ll be interested to see what people think about that one. It was a lot of time, and it was one where Netflix still has final cut of it and it was a little more old-school in the 30 for 30 model. I think it has a chance to be really special.”

Simmons went on to say that McMahon would be allowed to see clips of the piece, but would not have any creative input into the project.

This documentary has been in the works for over three years and was shelved last year when allegations of sexual misconduct arose around Vince McMahon, which stemmed from a WWE Board of Directors investigation into hush money payments made to former employees with whom he allegedly had affairs with.

McMahon retired from WWE due to the allegations, but returned to spearhead a sale of his company in January of this year. WWE announced that it would sell to Endeavor in April of 2023 and officially merged with UFC to form the TKO Group in September.

McMahon is currently not in power when it comes to creative in WWE, but is the Executive Chairman of the Board for TKO Group.

c-rIS7ZX3uk