PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Fury Comments On Future Return To WWE

Kemo
10-19-2023, 10:29 PM
Tyson Fury is far from finished in the boxing ring, but what about the squared circle?

Fury has a big fight at the end of October as the WBC Heavyweight Champion will be squaring off against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou in his boxing debut. The pressure is on for Fury, but not totally on as the fight will be a non-title battle.

Following up with that, Fury will aim to become the the long-awaited undisputed world champ in boxing in nearly 25 years when he takes on the fellow undefeated fighter in Oleksandr Usyk either in December or early 2024.

That beckons the question: where does pro wrestling fit in?

Fury spoke with SI this week and was asked about a potential WWE return. He's made several on-screen appearances over the years, and even wrestled Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel from Saudi Arabia in 2019.

“I’ve been [boxing] for 15 years, which is a long time,” said Fury. “I know it won’t last forever. And it’s true, I’ve had a few good stints in WWE. There is still a lot of opportunity there.”

He's not ruling out a WWE return, but does plan to focus solely on boxing while he's still able to compete at the highest level.

“At the moment, I’m very busy with boxing. I’m still active and on top of my chosen profession, so this is where my focus will be. After that, we’ll see.”

Tyson Fury is undefeated in boxing, and as it stands at the moment, undefeated in pro wrestling. Fury won via count-out against Strowman and while fans got a tease of Tyson at Crown Jewel, there continued to remain speculation of him returning to WWE, particularly to face a fellow man from the United Kingdom in Drew McIntyre.

Fury actually got physical during McIntyre's WWE Championship match against Roman Reigns back at Clash At The Castle. Fury found himself helping out Drew by thwarting Austin Theory's efforts at cashing in his Money In The Bank briefcase.