PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Isn't Sure He Can Top "Career Highlight" Fastlane Press Conference

Kemo
10-20-2023, 08:22 PM
Cody Rhodes' recent reign as an Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champion may have been brief, but it gave the American Nightmare an all-time career highlight.

Rhodes, alongside Jey Uso, captured the titles at WWE Fastlane 2023, defeating The Judgment Day (Finn Balor and Damian Priest). For Uso, this win marked his tenth championship reign in WWE and his first without his treacherous brother Jimmy his side. For Cody, this reign was his seventh Tag Title reign in WWE and his first taste of gold since Cody returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38.

After the duo's win at Fastlane, Cody and Jey were part of the post-show press conference and made quite the scene. Cody admitted early on that he and Jey may have had a drink or two and it was clear that Uso was inebriated. Rhodes wasn't quite as drunk but did crack up watching Jey make a scene. Speaking to WWE Deutschland, Rhodes recalled the Fastlane press conference.

"Afterwards, I told Jey (Uso), I said, ‘That might’ve been a top 10 moment in my career'... I have no defense for the video other than we were having a very great time. I don’t know if I can top it press conference-wise and I don’t know if I wanna try to top it... It was a top 10 career moment was that press conference."

Cody and Jey's reign would end on this week's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, where they lost the titles back to Finn Balor & Damian Priest. Their one successful title defense on TV saw the pair retain against Grayson Waller & Austin Theory on WWE SmackDown.

NlcmuWJCz_E