PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Has A Silver Lining Regarding His Silent WrestleMania Win

Kemo
10-21-2023, 03:55 AM
Drew McIntyre was the WWE flag-bearer during an unprecedented time, but The Scottish Warrior has a glass-half-full perspective on an unfortunate situation.

Speaking with Mike Jones out of Tampa Bay in hype for Royal Rumble, Drew McIntyre was asked about becoming WWE Champion during the global pandemic of COVID-19. McIntyre unseated Brock Lesnar as the Champion at WrestleMania 36, but it was in front of only one fan, the one dangling above the ceiling at the WWE Performance Center. It wasn't lost on Drew that his win didn't occur in front of a stadium full of thousands of fans.

"There’s no comparison when it comes to adrenaline when you’re having 14,000 going crazy [when] main eventing WrestleMania, beat Brock Lesnar, 1-2-3 in silence."

Although he didn't necessarily get the typical "WrestleMania moment" that aspiring stars dream of, McIntyre was able to put in a perspective that it opened a different door for the millions watching at home. That was a more intimate look at the man himself as he achieved the goal he's aspired for since being a young fan.

"You’d see that moment only if you were like my wife in a hotel room and I was calmed down and I’d gone into a hotel room, the adrenaline had came down, I was sitting there looking at the title and that was kind of what we captured at WrestleMania was that private, silent moment..."

McIntyre has yet to make it to the mountain-top once more, but he did get close when he wrestled Roman Reigns in front of his fellow countrymen at Clash At The Castle. He'll also have a shot at Seth Rollins' WWE World Heavyweight Title at Crown Jewel.