PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole: Broken Ankle Has Been "The Most Challenging Injury Of My Career"

Kemo
10-25-2023, 05:07 PM
Adam Cole has issued a statement regarding his badly broken ankle and subsequent time away from AEW.

The former ROH and NXT World Champion took to social media on Wednesday and said this is 'without question' the most emotionally-challenging injury of his career. Thankfully, the situation hasn't shaken his resolve, because he vows to get healthy as soon as he can.

"Emotionally, this has been the most challenging injury of my career," he said. "Without question. Thank you to everyone who has reached out and shown support. Means more than you know.

I will do everything in my power to get back to work doing what I love to do.

Because I'm #AdamColeBayBay."

Adam Cole has had a 'mixed' run with AEW since joining the promotion at All Out in September 2021. He suffered a major concussion in June 2022 at the inaugural Forbidden Door PPV and was out until just a few months ago. His recovery was the main focus of AEW's All Access program that aired earlier in the year.

Cole injured his ankle during the main event of AEW Grand Slam during MJF's World title defense against Samoa Joe. Cole emerged on the stage to help MJF, charged to the ring and jumped off the entrance ramp - landing badly on his ankle.

It was immediately apparent that something was very wrong. Cole limped around at ringside as he assessed the damage and the level of pain he was experiencing. He was able to participated in the finish of the match, which saw MJF retain his title, but his red-hot storyline with MJF came to a screeching halt.

The following week on Dynamite, Cole revealed that he needed surgery and would be out of action for the foreseeable future. Since then, Cole has delayed surgery in favor of helping Roderick Strong heel from an injured neck. Cole has been in various vignettes in which he's helped Roderick Strong with household chores.