PDA

View Full Version : Lyra Valkyria Gets Emotional Reacting To NXT Women's Title Win Over Becky Lynch

Kemo
10-25-2023, 05:22 PM
Lyra Valkyria is our new NXT Women's champion after toppling Becky Lynch at Halloween Havoc this past Tuesday night.

The victory was extremely gratifying for her. Not only was it the culmination of her nine year journey in pro wrestling, but she achieved it by defeating a fellow Irishwoman.

Valkyria was interviewed after the match and got emotional thinking about the long road that led to the glorious moment when she raised her new championship above her head.

"It doesn't feel real. I really feel like .. I can't put it into words, because when I was out there, it felt like time was standing still and everything connected,” she said.

rkaIAreYIG4

Valkiria says it felt like everything she worked for over the past decade all came together. Whatever setbacks she's encountered, whatever mistakes or bad decisiosn she's made, they all led her to her destiny.

"I think that I would live my entire life again just to feel what I felt holding this title up out there and i think in what we do, we would work our whole careers in hopes of feeling what I feel right now, even once.

I think I'll be living in that moment for another 9 years, because I can't explain how good it feels right now to be your NXT Women's Champion.”

Lyra Valkyria (Aoife Cusack) signed with WWE in January 2020. She wrestled for NXT UK until it was absorbed into the primary developmental brand in late 2022.