PDA

View Full Version : Fans Wanted to Stab Baron Corbin After End of Days on Becky Lynch

Kemo
10-28-2023, 03:02 AM
Baron Corbin's use of his 'End of Days' finisher on Becky Lynch earned him death threats, the former King of the Ring has revealed.

At Extreme Rules 2019, then-Universal Champion Seth Rollins teamed with then-Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch to defend their titles against Corbin and Lacey Evans.

CiNP3-1Kk6I

Corbin's use of the move was an extremely rare example of male-on-female violence in WWE, especially as intergender wrestling has often been relegated to comedy matches, pitting a strong female against a much weaker male. Speaking on Insight with Chris Van Vliet, Corbin recalled the response after hitting the move on Lynch.

"My Instagram messages and Twitter and all of those things. People were like, dude, I’m gonna stab you the next time I see you for what you did to Becky. I mean, if I get stabbed? Yeah, if I get stabbed? Yeah, definitely arrest that guy."

Corbin added that fans are able to suspend their disbelief, but that led to the incredibly hostile response to his mixed tag-team match.

"Yeah, cuz people, people buy into what we do. Like, that’s the art of what we do. Can we suspend disbelief? Can we make people think what we’re doing is 100% real?"

Corbin would continue to use the End of Days to finish off opponents for years to come. The move would be kicked-out of for the first time at WrestleMania 38 by Drew McIntyre. The decision to have the move be kicked out of was a decision Corbin did not agree with but he was overruled when he brought up his concerns backstage.