PDA

View Full Version : Jonathon Coachman Will Never Return to WWE After How He Was Treated

Kemo
11-08-2023, 04:38 AM
Jonathan Coachman's days in WWE, and wrestling as a whole, are truly over, the veteran broadcaster has confirmed.

Coachman, aka The Coach, debuted in the World Wrestling Federation in 1999 as an interviewer, commentator, and presenter. In 2003, Coach turned heel and would become an authority figure years later, before his departure in 2008. Close to a decade later, Coachman returned in January 2018 as a Raw commentator but was replaced by that September.

h2O840fM-Mk

It's been five years since Jonathon Coachman was a part of WWE and the Coach is in no rush to return. Speaking on Insight, Coachman said he can look back on his career now that he is confident it is over.

"I think back now, I'm kind of in that reflective point of my life. Because I know, for a fact, that my wrestling career is over. There is nothing that can make me go back and do that so now you get into a reflective state."

When Insight host Chris Van Vliet pointed out that a lot of people say they'll never return only to do just that, Coachman shared why his situation is different.

"Yeah, but that's usually people whose lives are wrestling, you know what I mean? That's what they inspire to be. That's not who I aspire to be. I got lucky. And then there are things that have happened over the past five years that make me not want to go back. I was 100% loyal to that company and to Vince so when things happen, sometimes you've got to draw the line in the sand and say 'I can't be treated that way and still go back and be loyal to the company.'

GdxmfU4cQ8k

Coachman also pointed out that WWE is hardly in need of his services as a broadcaster, but appreciates the good times he had with the promotion.

"It's not like they need me anyway. They're not crying over spilt milk. But I like to think I treat people a certain way and I wanted to be treated that way. So yeah, I would never go back.

"So I reflect now, and when I think about the cool things that people have done for me when I was in the WWE, whether it's fans, wrestlers, whatever, that might still be the coolest thing."

This is hardly the first time Coachman has made his views on WWE clear. In 2021, he made it clear he never planned on returning. Coachman signed with the WES: UK promotion that was created by the AOP but the company would fold without ever hosting a show.