PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Will Never Forget Motel Stay With 'Roommate from Hell' The Iron Sheik

Kemo
11-08-2023, 06:48 PM
The Undertaker has had a long, storied career in wrestling, but will never forget sharing a motel room with the Iron Sheik.

After a historic career, The Undertaker retired in 2020 with his 'final farewell' at that year's Survivor Series event. While the Deadman has retired from in-ring competition, he continues to make appearances for WWE, including during the October 10, 2023, episode of WWE NXT.

Speaking on his Six Feet Under podcast, the Phenom recalled sharing a room with the Sheik early into his career. As a rookie with little money, the future Deadman bowed out of the night's partying early and tried to get some sleep despite Sheik's antics.

"I end up back in my hotel room around 1:30 in the morning. The Sheik comes in maybe 30, 45 minutes after I did. I'm just there, right there on the edge of some good sleep and he goes 'Ah excellent Marky Bubba! You get in some good rest.' He lays down and falls asleep. It's a couple of hours later and I wake up freezing. It's winter time and Charleston, West Virginia gets a little chilly.

"I wake up and there's a wind coming at me and I'm sound asleep but I'm like 'What is going on here?' And I wake up and look and Sheik's bed is empty. I look the other way, where there's a balcony... it's 4:30 in the morning and Sheiky's out there doing Hindu Squats. He's got nothing but his wrestling tights on.

"I'm like 'Can you close the door it's freezing. What are you doing?' 'Ah Bubba, it's good for lungs! Excellent cardio!'"

Despite the freezing weather and Sheik's late-night cardio, the Phenom tried to get back to sleep, which proved to be just as difficult even after Sheik had finished his squats.

"I'm trying to fall back asleep and I hear the sliding doors shut and instantly the room is warmer. I think 'Oh, thank goodness.' I look at the clock and I've got another two hours I can sleep before I need to get going and on the road again.

"The next thing I hear, the shower's on. Full steam. Oh my gosh! And this is the longest shower I've ever heard any human take. I've got the pillow over my head and I'm trying to thaw out... I'm still a little p*ssed but I'm a greenhorn. I'm a rookie, I've got no say. And he'd twist me up in a knot [if I called him out.]"

Even after the shower was finished, the Sheik found a way to keep the Undertaker up with a perplexing drying process.

"So this shower goes on and on and on and finally, I hear the water turn off and I go 'Oh thank gosh' and I've got an hour [before I need to get going.] It's ridiculous. And then the next thing I hear the blowdryer starts.

"I've been awake now for a while so I have my faculties about me and I'm trying to think what on Earth is he blowdrying? He's bald and he shaves his body. I get up. I've got to go see this... And I go in and he's blowdrying his mustache! 'How's the sleep then Bubba? Makes the mustache look good!' He was perplexed at me. 'Why aren't you sleeping?' Because you're making all this damn noise!"

SGMMYugHK3I