PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus Eyeing Eighth WWE Women's Championship: "That Sounds Good to Me"

Kemo
11-10-2023, 10:07 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus hopes that one more reign as Women's Champion is in her future after her impressive return to the ring this year.

Stratus returned to WWE in February of this year by helping Becky Lynch & Lita capture the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships. Turning heel on the pair in April, Stratus would align herself with Zoey Stark the following month. At WWE Payback, Lynch was finally able to defeat Stratus in a steel cage match. After the match, an irate Trish berated Stark who turned on the Canadian legend.

This year saw Stratus compete the most times in one year since her initial retirement from the ring in 2006. Speaking at the premiere of The Iron Claw, Stratus told Chris Van Vliet that the original idea was for her run to end at WrestleMania 39 before plans changed.

"It just kept going and going. I got to do things I didn't get to do, right? Ladder Match, Saudi Arabia, Cage Match. To be able to dip my toes into the current landscape and check boxes that I wasn't able to check back in the day was pretty amazing."

For years, Stratus was WWE's most decorated Women's Champion with seven title reigns to her name. In the interview, the Canadian made it clear that she hasn't given up her title aspirations.

"I could become an eight-time champ. That sounds good to me. Why not?"

Whether Stratus competes again remains to be seen, but if she does, it won't be for anywhere other than WWE.

qV9vuRzJuUU