PDA

View Full Version : Nikkita Lyons 'Will Be Back Soon' From ACL Injury

Kemo
11-21-2023, 02:52 AM
WWE NXT prospect Nikkita Lyons has been out of action since the beginning of the year. Her last match was a win against Jakara Jackson at NXT Level Up on January 20. Five days later, Lyons revealed on Instagram that she suffered a torn ACL and meniscus that had put her wrestling career on hold. However, she seems to be preparing to make her comeback shortly.

Lyons has updated her fans through recovery videos over the past few months. The most recent video on November 1 of her doing therapy showed her progress, as she could use the leg extension machine rather well. Although she still wears a knee brace, she also shared a photo showing her training at the WWE Performance Center on December 14.

Through a long recovery journey, the WWE NXT prospect went on Twitter to thank her fans for their support.

"To the ones who’ve been supporting me throughout my recovery, I FRICKEN LOVE YOU live your best life, attack your goals, & ignore the haters. We vibrate in love over here babyyy," wrote Lyons.

A fan replied to the post asking about her WWE NXT return, to which she responded that she would be back soon.

Based on the videos she has shared, it's possible that Lyons could be back in the ring shortly. Lyons has progressed in rehab, moving around well and throwing kicks with her injured leg. However, it seems more likely that she will be back competing for WWE NXT in early 2024.

Although Lyons is progressing with her recovery, WWE may not rush her in-ring comeback. The WWE NXT roster has seen the women's roster grow since her injury and has become more featured on TV.

While the brand still has WWE NXT stars like Tiffany Stratton and Roxanne Perez, they have also started to feature talent like Arianna Grace and Lola Vice. Since the division has grown, they can reintroduce Lyons when she is fully healthy creatively.

Adding the WWE NXT prospect to the growing women's division can make for some exciting matchups and opportunities when Lyons is ready.

xiO4PIr6cGM