PDA

View Full Version : Triple H: We're Thrilled to Have CM Punk Back, He Belongs in WWE

Kemo
11-27-2023, 03:47 AM
WWE's Chief Content Officer Triple H is thrilled to have CM Punk back with WWE following the former AEW star's shocking return at Survivor Series.

The Best in the World returned in the closing moments of the show, in his first appearance at a WWE Premium Live Event since the 2014 Royal Rumble. Punk was fired from AEW in September 2023 following a week-long investigation into his backstage altercation with Jack Perry at AEW All In.

q2jcfUv1YB0

CM Punk's return earned a massive response from the Chicago crowd at Survivor Series 2023. Speaking on the post-show media scrum, Triple H was asked about how Punk's return came together.

"So this is one of those lightning-in-a-bottle moments that came together very quickly. But we are incredibly excited about it. It's been a long time and in some ways it's been a long time coming. You can say this about CM Punk. Love him, hate him, positive, negative. Whatever you want to say. People talk about him. All the time. He is a magnet for that. He is a conversation starter and it's tough to look past that. And for me, if our fans want it, if the WWE Universe are excited to have it, then let's go. And we'll figure out the rest from there.

"This came together super quick. Which is why it stayed very tight. There was a lot of speculation and that point it was nothing but speculation. For most of the time it was speculation. It didn't really come to fruition until everybody stopped thinking it was going to happen and then all of a sudden it was happening. But [I am] extremely excited.

"A lot of time has gone by, almost ten years. And if you are the same person you were ten years ago ten years later, you've messed up. Everybody grows. Everybody changes. And I'm a different person. He's a different person. This is a different company and we're all on the same, even starting ground.

"So what's next for CM Punk? That'll be interesting. I'm interested to see that myself. I know whatever it is, it'll be talked about, it'll be exciting and it'll be a thrill-ride for the WWE Universe no matter what it is. And I'm thrilled, we're all thrilled to have him back here and to have him back, cliche to say, back home with WWE. It's where he belongs."