PDA

View Full Version : Date & Location For Sting's Last AEW Match

Kemo
12-05-2023, 12:16 AM
One of the biggest stories of 2024 will be the final match in All Elite Wrestling superstar Sting's career. "The Icon" shared on the October 18 episode of AEW Dynamite that he would retire at AEW Revolution next year. However, fans have not had an official date and location for where it would occur until today.

On the November 29 episode of AEW Dynamite, commentator Tony Schiavone did a backstage interview with Sting and Ric Flair. Schiavone announced that the AEW Revolution would occur on March 3, 2024, at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Sting and Flair talked about their legendary match at the first NWA Clash of The Champions for the NWA on March 27, 1988, at the Greensboro Coliseum. The match went to a time-limit draw, but it was an important moment in Sting's career.

When speaking on what it means to retire at the venue next year, Sting said, "...All those years ago, 1988, March 1988 world title, my first world title match against probably the greatest world champion of all time Ric Flair and I would have never guessed that night that I would be standing here 35 years or whatever it is later having this interview with you too (Schiavone) right?"

"The Icon" praised Flair and Schiavone for helping him in his career, especially Flair for their match at NWA Clash Of The Champions.

He added, "...What a fitting place for me to end my career."

Flair followed up Sting's comments by hyping up AEW Revolution and confirmed that he would be at his former rival side at the event.

As of now, it is unclear who Sting's opponent will be at AEW Revolution. Schiavone mentioned that "The Icon" has yet to lose a match since joining the company with 24 wins. He also noted that it's the longest win streak in AEW currently. While it will be his retirement match, Sting's win streak could be another storyline element for whoever challenges him.

No matches have been announced for the card, as it is still early. Despite Sting's final contest, AEW Revolution may also have Will Ospreay's first PPV as a signed talent. He has commitments to finish with New Japan Pro Wrestling heading into next year. However, the "Commonwealth Kingpin" promised when he signed at AEW Full Gear on November 18 that he would be with the company by the AEW Revolution next year.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on December 15 on AEWTix. Schiavone did announce that it will be a pay-per-view event, which could be on Bleacher Report.

So far, it sounds like a must-see show for AEW and longtime Sting fans.

dhmBtwfP3FY