PDA

View Full Version : WWE Planning to Scale Down House Shows

Kemo
12-06-2023, 09:11 PM
WWE is seemingly mapping out a plan to cut down the number of house shows.

Following the WWE's acquisition by the Endeavor Group and subsequent merger with the UFC to become TKO, several changes have occurred in the company. TKO COO Mark Shapiro reckons that WWE's weekly house shows on Saturday and Sunday nights may soon come to an end.

WWE holds house shows, sometimes referred to as live events, to book matches for upcoming television broadcasts, cultivate relationships with local fans, and provide wrestlers further experience. As it turns out, the days of WWE making most of its money straight out of the gate are the things of the past due to secured TV rights deals. However, they still have a big effect on the business.

WrestleNomics’ Brandon Thurston reported that Shapiro spoke at the UBS media conference, where he stated that the company is looking to cut back on house shows.

Shapiro called it "margin perspective" to run these types of shows. Although house shows can be a good way to expand the audience, Shapiro pointed out that they may not be the most cost-effective option.

It seems that the goal is to evaluate how these off-network events could be made more efficient and possibly less frequent. In addition to this, the goal of this action is to increase the company's overall operational efficiency and profit margins.

"While there's a reason to have them because it's good for the brand, we're building [an] audience, we're putting them on in C and D counties, so we're really stretching the brand, and we're amassing a greater array of eyeballs from all demos so it's good for our long-term growth. Through a margin perspective, they are dilutive. So there's probably an opportunity as we go through our efficiencies and our synergy opportunities to cut back on some of those non-televised events, which will push our margin up so we are going through that exercise now."

We will have to wait and see what other changes are being implemented in the future.

mrluck_07
12-07-2023, 05:23 AM
How much I wonder.

LionDen
12-12-2023, 07:09 AM
How much I wonder.

My question would be, will the wrestlers lose much income from removing a number of house shows.