PDA

View Full Version : WWE May Be Working Toward Gunther vs Brock Lesnar Dream Match

Kemo
12-13-2023, 02:31 AM
WWE carefully crafts their storylines, often over several months, especially when titles are a part of the situation. That being said, they appear to have dropped a major storyline for some reason, but the company may have a very good reason for doing so.

Chad Gable and Gunther have faced off a few times this year, with Gable handing Gunther his first loss on the main roster via count-out back in August. They followed up with that a couple of times, and Gable made a big promise to beat The Ring General for his child, but now GUNTHER has moved on to The Miz once again.

WWE hasn’t revisited the Gable and Gunther feud. Now, GUNTHER has promised an Intercontinental Title match to The Miz, and if The A-Lister loses, he can't challenge for GUNTHER's belt again. The company may have much bigger things in mind for GUNTHER.

During Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer discussed Chad Gable and Gunther’s feud, stating that the company has dropped the angle entirely. Meltzer then suggested that Gunther might eventually lose the Intercontinental Title to someone like Julius Creed. That being said, there is a feeling that a Brock Lesnar dream match may be in the pipeline.

"You know Chad Gable did that big promo, guy was going to win it for his daughter. They completely dropped that, they’re not even in that direction anymore. I don’t think it’s him because there’s no follow up.

They won’t do it, but a guy who could actually, because of the tag team thing because they keep tag team separate. I like Julius Creed beating Gunther in a fluke situation and then Gunther going up and challenging Rollins.

What could happen next year is Gunther vs Brock Lesnar. Because he’s now over enough, to me that’s a WrestleMania match. I suppose he could just be champion till then and Lesnar wins the Intercontinental. But, Lesnar doesn’t work enough to do that and I don’t see Lesnar losing to Gunther. But I could see Gunther being cheated out of the belt and not lose face.”

Gunther defended his title against Chad Gable again in September in a match that many enjoyed in a lot of ways. Although Gable came close, Gunther rallied, utilizing a lethal combination of moves to defeat Gable, shattering his dreams and even making Gable’s daughter cry. Now, we will have to see what's next for Chad Gable, but it appears that he won't be thanking WWE for an IC Title shot any time soon.

The Miz has a big task ahead of him as well, as he faces GUNTHER once again. We will have to see if the A-Lister has what it takes to win that match, because GUNTHER has proven to be a virtually unbeatable opponent.

LionDen
12-13-2023, 06:37 AM
Not sure I would call GUNTHER vs Lesnar a dream match :shifty: I know a ton of people like GUNTHER, I'm not one of them.

TKO
12-14-2023, 06:37 AM
It is obviously of course a dream match

LionDen
12-14-2023, 08:22 AM
It is obviously of course a dream match

lol Not in my mind. :)