PDA

View Full Version : WWE Has New Milestone In Their Sights With 2024 Royal Rumble Event

Kemo
12-13-2023, 02:33 AM
:royalrumble:

WWE is experiencing a booming period in their company's history right now. It's no new occurrence to see that they have broken another record after a big event. They are also setting a very high bar for the 2024 Royal Rumble event in Tropicana Field on January 27th.

In preparation for their next Premium Live Event, WWE is launching a concentrated effort to ignite interest. Fans are anticipating one of the company's Big Four Premium Live Events, especially after CM Punk announced that he will be in the big over-the-top-rope match.

During Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer discussed the Royal Rumble’s ticket sales, noting their impressive performance and projecting a gate of close to $8 million. He added that the company aims to establish a record for the largest paid attendance or the second-largest for the Royal Rumble.

”Royal Rumble is doing great in ticket sales, I don’t know the number but they are projecting a gate of close to $8 million. I think they’re looking for the largest paid attendance or second largest, you know the Alamodome one year ago. They’re looking at 50,000 people for this one. It’s gonna have to be 50,000 sold now, but that’s what they’re hoping for, especially with the announcement of Punk in the match.”

WWE established the largest attendance record for the Royal Rumble last year at the Alamodome, with 51,338 people present. With all of the hype they're putting toward this show, it stands to reason that they will break a new record in 2024.

The WWE Royal Rumble Premium Live Event is scheduled for January 27, 2024, at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. The event is generating significant anticipation, with big ticket sales already recorded more than a month before the show.

We will have to see how many fans WWE can pack into Tropicana Field. The company knows that venue well, as it played host to a ThunderDome setup during the pandemic. Of course, those events had zero live fans in attendance, meaning that this stop by Tropicana Field will mean so much more.

LionDen
12-13-2023, 06:28 AM
I was not happy with the men's 2023 Royal Rumble match, the women's was so much better. I am sure WWE would also like to do a little better than Shane McMahon's run 2022 Royal Rumble mens match. lol :shifty: Hopefully there are a lot of surprise entrants in 2024.