PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Comments On Possibly Facing Brock Lesnar At WrestleMania 40

Kemo
12-22-2023, 08:29 PM
WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther yet again expressed his desire to face Brock Lesnar, that too at WrestleMania 40.

'The Ring General' has been on an unstoppable run as WWE Intercontinental Champion and has defeated every opponent who has challenged him. One of the credible challengers who could put his title reign at jeopardy is none other than Brock Lesnar.

Both the superstars have expressed their desire to face each other but they are yet to lock horns inside the squared circle. Meanwhile, 'The Beast Incarnate' has been away from WWE programming.

While on SiriusXM Busted Open, Gunther said that he feels he needs to prove his status as the 'end boss' and that could be possible if he manages to defeat Lesnar. He said:

"I don't know if WrestleMania 40 is the time for that but we'll see but I feel like in the long run the one name I always bring up is Brock because I feel like I’m the end boss to a lot of people. But I feel like Brock is somebody perfected being an end boss and I got to prove myself with him in the ring too."

WWE is set to host Royal Rumble next month and that could be the perfect way to sow the seeds for the Lesnar-Gunther feud and it could lead to a clash at WrestleMania 40.

WWE also dropped a subtle hint about Lesnar's appearance at WrestleMania 40. The promotional materials for WrestleMania 40 feature the former WWE Universal Champion and there is certainly a possibility that the two titans could share the ring at the Tropicana Field event.

There have been reports floating that the company is considering the high-profile match between the two on 'The Grandest Stage of Them All.'

We will now have to wait and see what WWE has in store for the fans.