PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus 'So Excited' To Wrestle Again After Most Active Year Since 2006

Kemo
12-24-2023, 06:03 PM
This year, Trish Stratus made her in-ring return to WWE after more than three years of inactivity. During her comeback, she showed fans that she could still compete with current talent on the roster and still had goals in wrestling. Stratus seemingly enjoyed her return and is looking to compete again next year.

On December 20, the WWE Hall of Famer appeared on Grown Ass Women TV with Mickie James, Lisa Marie Varon (Victoria), and SoCal Val to share that she hopes to step back into the ring in 2024.

Prior to this year, Stratus was not an active WWE Superstar since 2019, when she wrestled two matches.

In 2023, Stratus wrestled ten matches - her most active year since 2006. Since '06, she's wrestled in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2018 and 2019. (Stats via Cagematch.net)

After an active year, Stratus delivered the great news that she enjoyed her WWE experience this year and she hopes to get back in the ring very soon.

"Thank you to all my Stratospherians, like, for coming out, supporting, and it was so fun when I went, especially going back to wrestling and tapping into like 'If you know you know moments' and like having that, like, ‘Oh, I loved when she did that back in the day,’ and so that was fun and I look forward to doing that again next year. I’m so excited,” said Stratus.

Stratus had her comeback match teaming with Lita and Becky Lynch to defeat Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) in a Six-Women Tag Team Match at WWE WrestleMania 39 on April 1. Some fans expected that she would be done after the event, but she ended up sticking around for five more months.

Stratus ended her return feuding with Lynch, culminating in losing a Steel Cage Match at WWE Payback on September 2.

While the storyline with Lynch is seemingly over, Stratus does have unfinished business in WWE.

Fans may recall that her former protégé, Zoey Stark, took her out after the match. Starks landed her signature Z-360 on Stratus, ending their alliance. WWE has an opportunity to follow up on Stark's rebellion by having the WWE Hall of Famer feud with her.

Another possibility to bring back Stratus is for the WWE Royal Rumble on January 24, 2024. She could be a surprise entrant in the 2024 Women's Royal Rumble Match, which fans would be thankful for.

There are several other ways WWE could reintroduce her, and it's unclear if she is currently in the immediate creative plans. Regardless, she is excited to have another run in the company and show that she can still compete with today's roster.

cr_VMvacbqw