PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Says The Locker Room Was 'Pissed' When The Streak Ended

Kemo
12-27-2023, 02:11 AM
The Undertaker says that people backstage were 'pissed' when The Streak came to an end at WrestleMania XXX.

The Dead Man's 21-match undefeated WrestleMania streak is one of the most incredible achievements in all of pro wrestling. So much so that the former World Champion even holds a Guinness World Record for this accomplishment. Not only do the fans consider it to be one of the greatest things ever done in wrestling but even talents behind the scenes saw it as a grand achievement.

The Last Outlaw opened up about the importance of the Streak during the latest episode of his Six Feet Under podcast. He mentioned how people first started taking a note of it after his 10th victory over Ric Flair at WrestleMania 17:

"Shortly after the Flair match, that’s when the streak really came alive. It really became special. There were guys that will tell you, and there's still guys that would tell you like, 'I don't care if I'm the main event or not. I want the streak.'

It was such a huge attraction 'Who is going to be?' It gets up there 13-0, 14-0. It's like, 'oh, is this the guy that is going to beat the streak?' I'm not the one to tout my own horn but on many occasions, it was as important as whatever the main event was. Is this guy the guy that's gonna bust the streak? It was just a really special time."

Unfortunately like all good things, this record was also broken at WrestleMania XXX when Brock Lesnar finally conquered The Streak. According to The Undertaker, people behind the scenes were as emotional in the moment as the fans in the arena and around the world:

"Among fans, even amongst the talent because most of the guys were, they were pissed. They were like, 'Man, The Streak shouldn't have been broke.'

That's the business.I don't have any decision in that but a lot of the boys that were part of making that streak something, making it mean what it meant. They were like 'Damn man, why are you taking away? Why are you taking away such a vital part of WrestleMania?' It was like 'This is as important as a title match.'

0pb3NfeykSg