PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Reveals His Mindset Ahead Of WWE Return Match At MSG

Kemo
12-27-2023, 02:17 AM
Before CM Punk puts on the kickpads for his first match back with WWE, he's appreciative of the journey he's had so far.

Ahead of his match at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, Punk took to Instagram to express his gratitude to the fans and his squared circle colleagues that came before him.

"Grateful for all the fans who have carried me to my greatest moments. Thankful for the legends that paved the roads I travel. I wouldn't be who I am without all of you. Thank you. 'So goes The Garden, so goes the business.'"

Punk indeed paid homage in that very story as he was wearing the hoodie of a legend he's continuosly been a fan of: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

https://i.imgur.com/neE0sDY.jpg

CM Punk will pack a punch in The Big Apple this evening as he'll be going up against a white-hot heel in Dominik Mysterio. Punk was quick to cultivate a feud with Dirty Dom on his social media when he shared a photo over ten years ago of him confronting a young Dom in the ring with the Mysterio family. Dom fired back with his own post before he crossed the competitve lines and shared a "botch" clip of Punk during his AEW run.

Mysterio sure seems like an appropriate starting point for CM Punk's WWE return as not only does it tie back to his Straight Edge Society feud with Rey Mysterio, but Punk clearly likes working with younger talent.