PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg Calls Out Vince McMahon Over Broken Promise For Retirement Match

Kemo
12-27-2023, 06:28 PM
Goldberg took his time arriving in WWE after WCW closed, because he had an insane deal with Ted Turner to sit at home and get paid. He eventually made his way to WWE, and he had a couple stints in the company. Despite his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, things did not end on a good note, and Goldberg is not afraid to talk about it.

Goldberg acknowledges Vince McMahon's role in his career. The Chairman of the Board gave him a significant opportunity to perform in front of his family. Goldberg stated, "I owe him everything" when talking about McMahon, however, their relationship took a turn.

The turning point for Goldberg was a request to put Roman Reigns over in Saudi Arabia, despite his ongoing battle with COVID. During a conversation with Vince McMahon, Goldberg agreed to do the match under one condition. He wanted a retirement match in return.

Steven & Captain Evil recently had Goldberg on the show as a guest, where he revealed why things are not okay between him and Vince McMahon. It all stems from a promise that McMahon made to Goldberg that saw him come back to put Roman Reigns over, one that McMahon broke.

“I owe him everything, until we went to Saudi Arabia and he asked me to put Roman Reigns over, and I had COVID. I remember calling him from my house and said, ‘Listen, here is the deal. I’ll do it if you give me a retirement match.’"

"I did what he asked. As a performer, I was 56 years old. As a human being, you’re conscientious about how you look in a bathing suit, especially two months prior to being in that bathing suit, you couldn’t work out because you had COVID."

"I put myself in a horribly sh*tty situation to get what I wanted to, but to satiate him and give him what he wanted.”

Goldberg didn't get his retirement match in WWE. He discussed having a retirement match in Israel, but there hasn't been any word on that reported event in months.

Vince McMahon made a history of causing controversy with his decisions. Some former WWE Superstars don't have the best things to say about how they were treated. The way Goldberg sees it, he didn't get what he was promised.

Goldberg also wanted to be a part of Sting's retirement match at AEW Revolution. Despite Tony Khan admitting to speaking with Goldberg in the past, it doesn't appear that he will get to be a part of that historic moment.