PDA

View Full Version : Giulia Still Has "Things to Do in Japan" Amid Interest from WWE

Kemo
01-01-2024, 09:38 PM
NJPW Strong Women's Champion Giulia could be a WWE Superstar soon, but the Japanese star is keeping coy about her future.

For months, there have been rumors that Giulia could one day end up in WWE. In November, it was reported that Giulia would be attending a personal tryout at the Performance Center in Orlando, though the trip was eventually canceled. Despite this, WWE was said to have a "massive" amount of interest in the Japanese wrestler.
Giulia on Possibly Joining WWE

While speculation grows about Giulia joining WWE, the 29-year-old wrestler isn't ready to publicly make the move just yet. In an interview with Tokyo Sports, the reigning NJPW Strong Women's Champion was asked about the reports.

"This is the first time I’ve been asked this directly in an interview (reports of WWE having interest in her). What can I say… Giulia has grown up (laughs). But, I still have things to do in Japan."

Signing Giulia is a priority for WWE's Head of Talent Paul 'Triple H' Levesque. The Game is said to be bothered by the notion Japanese talent can't succeed in WWE and hopes the arrival of Giulia can change that perception. While Giulia would be quite the addition to the AEW roster, the All-Elite promotion has never made a serious play for her, and she has had no conversations with representatives. At this time, it appears her only notable options are WWE or staying in Japan.