PDA

View Full Version : Raquel Rodriguez Reveals Medical Diagnosis That Has Kept Her Out Of Action For The Past Month

Kemo
01-03-2024, 02:51 AM
WWE Superstar Raquel Rodriguez has revealed a medical diagnosis that has kept her away from in ring action for the last few weeks.

The former NXT star posted a video on Instagram earlier today providing an update on her recent absence. She revealed that she has been diagnosed with a disease called Mast Cell Activation Syndrome [MCAS], which has stopped her from doing the things that she loves:

"What's up guys. Happy New Year. So long story short. Last year I posted a video about being a WWE superstar with eczema. And in the month of December, it got progressively worse and I have been diagnosed with something called Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Basically, I was red, swollen, there was a lot happening in this area physically. It kept me from doing the things that I love, like travelling, going to the gym and wrestling."

Rodriguez's last match was at a live event back on December 3. She was defeated by Nia Jax in a singles bout during the house show in Portland. The female star revealed that she has since moved back to Texas to be with her family:

"I also didn't want to be on camera. I didn't want to look in the mirror. And I understand that all of those things can mess with someone both emotionally and mentally but thank God I moved back to Texas when I did because I had the best support system in the world during this time, which is my family. I'm so grateful to them and for everything they have done for me and you guys as well who have sent me kind messages and reminded me that I didn't have to go through this alone.

So to anyone who has been struggling or had to celebrate the holiday season a little bit differently this year. I just wanted to say remember to give yourself a little bit of compassion and grace, for the things that you don't understand and the things that you can't control. Life can be really hard sometimes, and it can throw us these crazy curve balls and I know they feel like they're gonna last forever, but I promise they're not. This is going to pass. So let's go into 2024 remembering to give kindness to others and give kindness to ourselves. I can't wait to see what's going to happen this year."

A patient suffering from MCAS can experience repeated episodes of the symptoms of anaphylaxis. This can include allergic symptoms such as hives, swelling, low blood pressure and difficulty in breathing.

There is no timetable for Raquel Rodriguez's recovery or return to action at this point. The WWE star did note in her Instagram post that she will share more on her healing journey as she develops a better understanding of her condition.