PDA

View Full Version : WWE Has Been Teasing The Rock Vs. Roman Reigns For Much Longer Than You Think

Kemo
01-04-2024, 10:05 AM
WWE has spent a long time planting the seeds of the much-rumored showdown between Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns and The Rock.

The Brahma Bull returned to WWE programming during this week's Day 1 edition of Monday Night Raw to an eclectic response from the crowd. WWE had been teasing the return of a former WWE Champion in the days before the show, which at first appeared to be Jinder Mahal. The Modern-Day Maharaja ran down the United States before the return of The Rock who laid out Mahal with a Spinebuster and his People's Elbow.

It wasn't just Mahal who The Rock had his eyes on during the Day 1 edition of Monday Night Raw. During his promo, the Great One also asked the fans if they'd like to see him as Head of the Table, alluding to taking the spot held by Roman Reigns. Reigns had quite the reaction to his cousin's threat on social media.

The Rock Vs. Roman Reigns has been a dream match for fans for years and it is something that WWE has been working on for just as long. On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Reigns being christened 'The Tribal Chief' in 2020 was setting up a showdown with the Brahma Bull.

"That whole thing, ‘The Head of the Table’ and all that, and ‘Tribal Chief,’ was all done originally to build up the Roman Reigns-Rock match.”

Meltzer added that WWE wanted to host the Reigns-Rock match at WrestleMania 38 in April 2022. That match was shelved, reportedly so that the match could take place at WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles. While the two combatants were once a lock for that show, plans fell through.

TKO
01-04-2024, 05:34 PM
It better not take place at wrestlemania or else

LionDen
01-05-2024, 07:12 AM
I want to see that match. I guess The Rock coming back to promote his new UFL league which starts in March? :shifty:

Bigfoot
01-05-2024, 02:18 PM
The only way I want to see the match at Mania is if Roman goes over then drop the title to Cody at Summerslam. Or, if Roman drops the title to Cody before Mania and it's just a grudge match. It can still main event.

Stop takin Cody's moment dammit!

Kemo
01-05-2024, 07:22 PM
The only way I want to see the match at Mania is if Roman goes over then drop the title to Cody at Summerslam. Or, if Roman drops the title to Cody before Mania and it's just a grudge match. It can still main event.

Stop takin Cody's moment dammit!

The match is too big not to put on Mania. But there is a chance that it could be at Elimination Chamber. They're wanting to make it a big deal since it's going to be in Australia this year. Roman vs Cody could happen at Summer Slam....I don't see Roman dropping the title to Rocky. So far the rumors are a possible Mania match between Cody and Orton. It's just a matter of time before Orton turns heel again.

It better not take place at wrestlemania or else

Or what? You'll stop watching?

LionDen
01-06-2024, 02:48 AM
It could be at Elimination Chamber as Perth in Western Australia asked for The Rock to be there specifically a long time ago. They could also have it in Saudi Arabia, I am sure they would pay anice bonus to have The Rock show up at one of there shows this year.

I do not see The Rock winning the title, I think it will be a match for "The head of the table." The problem with this is, if it is at Elimination Chamber it makes Reigns look weak going into Mania to face Rhodes or whoever but on the other hand, it could also be a good storyline that Reigns is weakened by The Rock defeating him at Chamber and he loses at Mania because he is now not The Head of the table. Rock could even show up at Mania.

They could have it at Mania and either one could win as it will not be for the title IMO and then Reigns goes on to lose at Summerslam.

This thing could go anywhere ... which I love. lol No one knows ... yet.

Bigfoot
01-06-2024, 02:42 PM
Man, I found an awesome meme for this, but I can't figure out how to post it, haha.

Anyway, I think if it happens it will be at Wrestlemania. The Rock will get casual viewers back over to watch during his stint. I like Cody and want to see him get his moment, but The Rock vs Roman has been in the making for years.

LionDen
01-06-2024, 07:47 PM
Man, I found an awesome meme for this, but I can't figure out how to post it, haha.

Anyway, I think if it happens it will be at Wrestlemania. The Rock will get casual viewers back over to watch during his stint. I like Cody and want to see him get his moment, but The Rock vs Roman has been in the making for years.

I honestly have no idea what they are going to do with Rock vs Reigns at this point. lol To many options.

How to share a photo / image on a post:

1: You save the image to your PC (If image is .webp etc, there are tools to convert these types of images to jpg)
2: Open the website https://imgur.com/.
3: You then upload the image there by clicking the New Post button in top left.
4: Once uploading finished, click the three dots in top right of corner where image is and select Get Share Links.
5: Select the BB Code - Copy Link
6: Post that link to your post. To center it, use [center*]BB Code[/cemter*] (remove the stars when doing it ofcourse)

If needed I can make a How To with photos in Feedback and Support forum on UOW if needed. :) Feel free to ask questions there for any trouble on UOW.

Another note, create a account at imgurl and it is much easier to upload and control your images.

LionDen
01-06-2024, 11:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Wy4CYDy.jpg