PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk: Seth Rollins Wouldn't Have Gotten The Chance if it Wasn't For Guys Like Me

Kemo
01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
CM Punk is ready for the upcoming Royal Rumble event and hopes a win in the Men's Rumble match will set him on course for WrestleMania and Seth Rollins.

Since his shocking return to WWE at Survivor Series, Punk has proven to be a thorn in Rollins' side. The reigning World Heavyweight Champion has made it clear why he's against Punk, who for years would put down WWE in public appearances. Rollins has also been shutting down CM Punk chants at events the Best in the World hasn't been present for.

After competing on WWE's record-breaking Holiday Tour, Punk will make his televised return to the ring as part of the Men's Royal Rumble match on January 27. Speaking on the WWE 2023 Preview Special, Punk shared his mindset going into the match.

"It's just gonna be just like walking out in front of the Chicago audience for Survivor Series. I think there's a lot of ghosts I'm trying to put to bed, and it's almost Kismat. You couldn't write a better story ten years after walking out, my last match was at Royal Rumble. I'm walking back in ten years later, and my good buddy Cody likes to say he's gonna finish his story. To me, this is finishing what I started, this is picking back up where I left off.

"Ten years wiser and still all that experience that I have inside the Royal Rumble and inside the wrestling ring is gonna come in handy, and I'm gonna get to win the Royal Rumble and main event WrestleMania. At least that's the plan, I know there's 29 other guys that are gonna do their best to stop me, but I'm supremely confident."

Punk's most recent televised match for WWE was as part of the 2014 Royal Rumble match. Punk was the #1 entrant in the match while reigning World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins entered at #2. On the show, Punk was asked about his take on Rollins at the time.

"I viewed Seth as somebody who was following in my footsteps, I think there's a lot of people in wrestling as a whole that are in the WWE now that for better or for worse, I think looked up to a guy like me. I always like to thank the legends that helped pave the way for the roads that I travel now. Guys like Terry Funk, Eddie Guerrero, Brett Hart, Tracy Smothers, Chris Candido.

"There's a litany of guys that I always feel that I wouldn't have gotten the opportunities that I got if it weren't for them, I don't know. I guess I'm in a position where it feels maybe strange, me vocalizing it, but I think Seth is a guy at least I definitely thought it ten years ago that he's a dude that I don't think would have gotten the opportunities that he has gotten if it wasn't for me."

Pap8i6meGx4