PDA

View Full Version : Matt Riddle Has No Hard Feelings Over His WWE Release

Kemo
01-05-2024, 09:02 PM
WWE released Matt Riddle from his contract in September 2023, and that 90-day non-compete clause is already over. He experienced a lot during his time in the company, and it doesn't seem that there are any sour grapes at this time.

Matt Riddle is already getting his name out there, one that WWE was gracious enough not to change during his run with the company. In addition to his marijuana endeavors, Riddle is also taking bookings.

Although some former WWE Superstars aren't fans of the company, and they're not shy about saying so, Matt Riddle is not burning that bridge. The Original Bro is not bitter at all about his WWE release, and he made that crystal clear.

Matt Riddle opened up to FOX News about his WWE release. He harbors no hard feelings after he was cut from WWE, and he seems that things happen for a reason.

"No, I have no hard feelings. And I would just say, with WWE, they run a ship, they run it a certain way, and when you work for WWE, everything you do is under a magnifying glass. It doesn’t matter if you did anything wrong, if you did something right, if it was in between, it’s perception." "And the WWE, unfortunately, if a situation happens, and they don’t like the perception, they make their decision."

"But I’m not going to argue with them. That’s their company. I don’t run it. I just worked there. I’m thankful that they gave me the time that they did and that’s all I can say. I have zero hard feelings. I don’t know if I can say that for them. They might have some hard feelings, but I feel like they’re pretty professional. They’re more about that paper, that money. So, I don’t think there’s any hard feelings. I mean, they did have to pay me for three months when I didn’t work. That was on them. They fired me."

WWE's decision to terminate Matt Riddle's contract surprised many fans, but it was prompted by a series of incidents that strained his relationship with the company. He exhausted multiple opportunities with upper management, and even those who had previously defended him could no longer do so.

Matt Riddle raked up over two dozen different infractions during this time with WWE, especially during the latter half of his main roster run. It got to the point where nobody could save him, and he was fired from the company weeks after he had an inebriated incident at JFK Airport while going home from WWE's live event in India.

Matt Riddle is staying busy, and he has a few dates on his schedule. Apart from his MLW bookings, he is also slated for a first-ever encounter with RVD, in Chillicothe, Ohio, which may be a historic meeting of the minds.

Bigfoot
01-06-2024, 02:55 PM
Was it the "Helicopter" video that was the last straw?

LionDen
01-06-2024, 07:44 PM
Was it the "Helicopter" video that was the last straw?

I am sure all his ma cannabis antics did not help him in any way.