PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk & Jack Perry's Bloody Brawl Detailed By First-Hand Witness

Kemo
01-11-2024, 09:55 PM
CM Punk and Jack Perry's backstage altercation at All In London garnered attention in the pro wrestling world. It inspired a slew of memes and commentary due to how AEW handled the aftermath as well. Now, one man who was there is talking about how it all went down.

DJ Whoo Kid, who was present at the All In London event because he was part of Swerve Strickland's entrance, shared backstage insights during the Jim and Sam show on SiriusXM. He saw a lot, but we already know what happened. Punk and Jungle Boy had it out backstage, and chaos broke loose.

“You already know what happened in the back," he started before saying it was "straight brawl city." He then made a quip about how he's not talking about all the "blood and killing and death" before laughing.

The famous rapper said that he was, "right there. We were next. They put us to be ready to go.” It seems that the situation made everyone alert on site and ready for anything to pop off.

“It was like the moment for AEW and I guess he [Punk] tried to sabotage that moment. He wasn’t trying to go out there. I’m in the middle. You know me, I’m the fly on the wall… It was very intense. I always thought it was fake and sh*t. It’s more real…the sh*t that’s crazy is there was a yelling moment where he was like “yo, f*ck this sh*t this is our moment, everybody get the f*ck out there and do your sh*t. It was very intense. I always respect wrestling after I saw that.”

“There was a yelling moment where he [Joe] was like ‘f*ck this sh*t, this is our moment, everybody get the f*ck out there and do your sh*t.’ I was like, I don’t wrestle, but I was about to go out there. It was very intense. I will always respect wrestling after I saw that.”

He continued and said that Samoa Joe, who he called a big guy "Hawaiian looking dude," had to talk some sense into CM Punk. After all, Joe and Punk were set to open the Wembley Stadium event with their "Real" World Title match, a contest that CM Punk won.

CM Punk famously declared that he was quitting AEW after his fight with Jungle Boy, but Joe was able to talk him down. In the end, it was a bloody affair backstage.

“The big guy. The Hawaiian-looking [dude]. It was the guy going ham and I was like, ‘Oh sh*t.’ Then blood was everywhere from the fight before that. They came in and they were bleeding. I was like, ‘what is going on around here?’ This was intense.”

CM Punk was fired for that altercation with Jack Perry at All In. It did not take very long for Punk to defy all reports, odds, and expectations by returning to WWE at Survivor Series just a few months later.

Samoa Joe became the AEW World Champion after beating MJF at AEW Worlds End. He also debuted a snazzy new title belt during the January 10th AEW Dynamite Homecoming episode.

Jack Perry was suspended for his part in Brawl In. Although there were rumors that he may have been The Devil, Perry has not been seen on AEW television since All In London. He was also not revealed to be The Devil, as that role went to an injured Adam Cole.