PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Hopeful of Commentating Sting's Farewell Bout at AEW Revolution

Kemo
01-12-2024, 11:59 PM
AEW veteran commentator Jim Ross recently expressed his desire to call 'The Icon' Sting’s final match at AEW Revolution in March.

Good Ol' JR has been a familiar voice in the world of pro wrestling and has lent his voice to several iconic matches over the years. He wants to be a part of the history when Sting graces the squared circle one final time.

During the main event of AEW Dynamite ‘Homecoming’, Jim Ross made his return to the commentary booth and joined the regular team of Tony Schiavone and Excalibur. They called the match which featured the team of Sting and Darby Allin taking on Konosuke Takeshita and Powerhouse Hobbs.

Speaking on Grilling J.R podcast, the veteran commentator shared his thoughts on the match which he called on Dynamite. Ross went on to state that he’d like to be a part of the commentary team call with Tony Schiavone for Sting’s final match at AEW Revolution. He revealed that he mentioned it to AEW President Tony Khan to which Khan agreed that it makes sense for that to happen. Here is what he said:

"Me too, me too (I’m hoping to be on the call with Tony Schiavone for Sting’s final match). I mentioned that to Tony Khan last night. He agreed. It’s only right, it makes sense. I said, you know, ‘God dang, mother nature’s gonna tag in somewhere along the way with two old timers like Schiavone and I.’ We’re both feeling good. I’m feeling better today than I’ve felt in a long time. I still got the wound on my ankle. I’m seeing my doctor on Friday to go over an M.R.I., just to double check I didn’t have any bone disease on my tibia. So, I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday morning to go over all that deal and so, I just had a great night. It was one of those really feel good nights."

Sting decided to join AEW back in 2020 and 'The Icon' has since participated at several high-profile events. The final run of his career has been nothing short of a fairytale for him.

After having a legendary career that spanned over four decades, Sting has decided to bring down the curtain on his decorated career and his final match in AEW will be at Revolution 2024.