PDA

View Full Version : Kota Ibushi May Need Additional Surgeries After Knee Procedure

Kemo
01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Kota Ibushi put his body through a lot during his years in NJPW prior to signing with AEW. Sadly, his time in AEW started off with an injury, and now he could need even more work done.

Kota Ibushi was set to have surgery on January 17th. He had that operation and afterward, he took to social media to give fans an update.

While posting to Twitter/X, Kota Ibushi revealed that he is recovering after his latest operation. Now, he needs to worry about what is next, which includes a pesky bad shoulder.

"Sorry for the late report. It looks like the ligament was completely torn (another spot was already little to begin with) and is now completely immobilized in a cast up to about below the knee. The next step is to see what will happen to the left side, and the right side will go for 2 weeks. My shoulder is not in perfect condition and I intend to fix everything this time. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will think about the rest in various ways."

Tony Khan's roster has seen a few big names go down for an extended period of time. Pro wrestling always comes with risks, but Ibushi is one of the best in the world when he's on his A-Game. Hopefully, AEW will get a good run with Ibushi before everything is said and done.

Kota had a match against Naomichi Marufuji at NOAH The New Year, during which he sustained an ankle injury. Following the conclusion of the match, he faced difficulty standing and was subsequently transported to the hospital. Pro Wrestling NOAH disclosed that he received a diagnosis of a right tibiofibular ligament tear and a right ankle lateral ligament complex injury.