PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Is Open To Wrestle 'Big Final Match' In WWE

Kemo
01-18-2024, 07:21 AM
John Cena is proclaimed as the Greatest of all Time, and the 16x World Champion is a crossover pop culture star at this point. As he looks back at what he's done in his career, he has absolutely raked up a ton of advice to share. He also knows that all good things must come to an end, no matter how legendary the journey is.

During a recent interview with PEOPLE, John Cena opened up about his future. He has done a lot in the ring, but at this point, he wants to mentor talent. The shoo-in WWE Hall of Famer is up to do a lot of things.

Right now, Cena is looking at a new chapter in his career, and he doesn't know how much time he has left in WWE. He doesn't want to keep wrestling for his own sake, because it is for the fans.

“I turned 47 this past year and I don’t have much time left in the WWE. You know, I’m trying to figure out when to close that chapter. I wouldn’t be who I am — professionally or personally — without the WWE, and I promised myself that I would never simply just be there for my own sake. Every time I perform, I want to give my all to the audience. And I’ve got to admit when I hit the 45 mark, I had to begin to try to form an exit strategy and I’m trying to work on that currently.”

John Cena has been game to do whatever is best for business, no matter what is asked of him. At this point, he can be placed into any facet of WWE's product, just to be a part of things, and he's ready to accept that new role. He also openly stated that he is up for a final match situation.

“I just want to do what’s best for the company. If it’s a big final match or if it’s just a final match, or however I can be integrated into the product to let everyone know that this chapter is over, I’m willing to listen to what WWE has to say.”

John Cena's time in WWE will be remembered for many things by different people. Cena's trip to NXT during his latest run in the company showed that he wants to make an effort to pass the knowledge he has along to a new generation.

“I do have almost two and a half decades of wisdom built up where I think I can offer a mentor perspective for sure. So, if I am not integrated with the WWE family moving forward and in perpetuity, then I think it’s a waste for everyone involved.”

Cena is incredibly busy with Hollywood, and it took a historic strike to make his last WWE return a reality. He hasn't officially hung up his jorts in retirement, but he definitely wants to make the most of every moment he may have left.