PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Gives Himself An Ultimatum Ahead Of The Royal Rumble

Kemo
01-22-2024, 09:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hZ57RFM.jpg

WWE is officially on the "Road to WrestleMania," and fans wonder if Cody Rhodes will finish his "Story." Although he is experiencing success in his second stint with the company and is the new cover star for WWE 2K24, Rhodes is still looking to become a WWE Champion.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso, Rhodes discussed the importance of being on the cover of WWE 2K24 and wanting to finish his "Story." He also admitted to feeling a little overwhelmed when he faced WWE Champion Roman Reigns at WWE WrestleMania 39 last year.

Barrasso transcribed the following quotes.

"WrestleMania 39, I don't want to say I shrunk under the lights, but it hit me harder than it hit Roman Reigns," said Rhodes. He continued, "Roman has been in those main events before. If anything, it motivated me further. It's not just about being in the main event. It's not about being happy to make the walk. You have to win."

As he prepares for the WWE Royal Rumble on January 27, "The American Nightmare" has imposed a unique ultimatum upon himself.

Although he is happy to be the WWE 2K24 cover star, he doesn't believe he should be in that position if he doesn't win the WWE Championship this year. He also joked about not being in next year's game if he doesn't accomplish his goal.

"If I haven't finished the story by WWE 2K25, don't bring me back for the commercial," said Rhodes. "Don't put me on the cover, don't put me anywhere near it. I won't deserve it. But it's fun that this is happening in real-time, and we all get to experience it together."

"The American Nightmare" is staying positive and highly motivated to bring the WWE Championship to the Rhodes Family. However, he will have 29 other superstars standing in his way at the WWE Royal Rumble. There is also the rumor that the company could be looking to have The Rock challenge Roman Reigns at WWE WrestleMania 40 in April.

Regardless, Rhodes has pressured himself to finish his "Story" before the next WWE 2K game.