PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Picks Two AEW Stars To Jump Ship To WWE

Kemo
01-25-2024, 01:00 AM
:codylogo:

WWE superstar Cody Rhodes recently named two AEW stars who he believes should join WWE.

'The American Nightmare' has been on the top of his game ever since he left AEW and decided to return to WWE in 2022. He went on to win the Royal Rumble and main-event last year's WrestleMania.

Cody is one of the examples who came back years later as a huge star. While the WWE roster is stacked with a plethora of talents, Cody has picked some names that he would like to see join WWE in the future.

Rhodes and Starks have a good friendship outside the ring and Starks has been spotted backstage in WWE supporting Rhodes.

During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Cody Rhodes revealed that he wants 'The Absolute One' to jump ship to WWE.

“My buddy Ricky Starks. I know he’s under contract so that’s not happening – but it’d be cool to see.”

In addition to this, the former AEW star named Wardlow, who had been speculated to join WWE in the past. Rhodes believes that Wardlow will fit well in the heavyweight-dominated WWE locker room.

“Wardlow is one I’d like to see cross over if he ever wanted to.” Rhodes continues. “There’s a lot of beef in the WWE locker room; it’s a heavyweight locker room. It’s hard when you think you’re big and jacked, then you stand across the ring from Drew McIntyre and you find out ‘Oh, maybe not’. Wardlow is somebody I feel could fit into that role really well.

“It seems like we’re in this day where we’re doing so well everyone wants to be part of it, and the more the merrier. I’m happy with anyone who wants to make the leap and be part of this team.”

2K recently announced that Cody Rhodes will be the cover Superstar for the regular version of the upcoming WWE 2K24 game. 'The American Nightmare' recently went face to face with CM Punk in an epic promo battle on this week's Monday Night Raw. Cody and Punk are among the several talented superstars who are aiming to win the coveted Royal Rumble match and earn a title shot at WrestleMania 40.