PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes On The Possibility Of The Rock Hijacking His Story: "You Never Know With WWE"

Kemo
01-25-2024, 01:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4XsvpgO.png

Raw Superstar Cody Rhodes remains focused on finishing his story, but the American Nightmare's path to realizing his wrestling destiny remains unclear.

Wrestling fans have been rightfully uneasy about Rhodes' personal Road to WrestleMania. After last year's crushing defeat to Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 39, its looked like he is headed for a long-awaited rematch against the Undisputed Universal Champion at WrestleMania 40.

Nothing is guaranteed in wrestling and there are several other people vying for the position Rhodes and his fans may expect belongs to him.

The Rock is a prime candidate to spoil hopes for WrestleMania 40 to be the stage for Cody's crowning moment.

On Tuesday, veteran journalist Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated dropped a bombshell report that sources of his close to Paul 'Triple H' Levesque told him that Cody Rhodes is NOT currently factored in as Roman Reigns' opponent at WrestleMania.

Du2KzBLeP-E

Barrasso believes it will instead be The Great One battling the Head of the Table.

After joining TKO Group's board of directors, The Rock confirmed the door is open for him to compete again.

So, is Cody getting nervous yet? Earlier this month, he told Barrasso that he plans to win the Royal Rumble and 'finish the story' at WrestleMania.

In a new interview with Bleacher Report's Mike Chiari, Rhodes says he plans on outlasting 29 other Superstars to become only the fourth man in history to win the Royal Rumble match twice.

Rhodes remains confident about the big picture, but admits anything can happen. Here's what he said.

"You mentioned 'The Great One' The Rock.. nothing but respect for him. I went and saw Jungle Cruise. I'm a Rock fan."

Rhodes continued, "I don't think he's the type that would come in and meddle with a story that's been being told over the past two years. I think he's probably up to something else, but you never know with WWE. I'll be watching just like everybody else when I'm not wrestling."

Rhodes' comments could be a show of confidence or trying to cope with what may be happening. For now, WWE fans must let it play out and see how this 'story' ends.