PDA

View Full Version : Update On Where Things Stand With Roman Reigns & The Rock After WWE Royal Rumble

Kemo
01-29-2024, 06:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/I6kFnJD.png

The 2024 Royal Rumble event brought fans to their feet in Tropicana Field, and it was an exciting night for those watching at home as well. The night, as expected, was full of shocking moments, but few could guess everything Triple H had in store.

While some fans were expecting The Rock, that didn't come to pass. That being said, a confrontation against Roman Reigns is still in the cards.

The American Nightmare secured his second consecutive Rumble match victory and immediately directed attention towards Roman Reigns, hinting at a strong possibility for the WrestleMania main event. Reigns raised his title high in response to Cody Rhodes, so it appears that the match is on for Mania.

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the anticipated showdown between The Rock and Roman Reigns is still in the works, but there is no precise confirmation regarding its timeline.

“The Roman and Dwayne match is still happening. I just don’t know where and Bryan you probably know where because you probably know discussions I may know too and I can’t talk about them but anyways the point is, it’s still happening.”

Roman Reigns is confirmed for WrestleMania, and the main event match has remained unchanged since the decision was made in early September. Notably, Roman Reigns' WrestleMania 40 match was determined well before that, and The Rock was not involved in the creative discussions this time.

I can exclusively confirm that a triple threat match for Roman's title at WrestleMania is not under consideration. The creative team received this information last week.

Following Cody Rhodes' victory at the 2024 Royal Rumble, it appears WWE is moving forward with their original plans. The absence of The Rock at Tropicana Field for the Royal Rumble is noteworthy, as Cody vs Roman is the match now as we hit the road to WrestleMania.

Cody Rhodes will get a chance to finish his story at WrestleMania, but it's anyone's guess how the booking will turn out when everything is said and done. Cody has been the decided Royal Rumble winner for a while, and January 27th's big event in Tropicana Field saw him take a big step in that direction.