PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Vows To Have The ‘Greatest Comeback Of All Time’ Following Triceps Surgery

Kemo
02-06-2024, 08:35 PM
CM Punk, who underwent surgery last week for his torn right triceps that he suffered in the Royal Rumble match, had some hopeful words about his return.

In a vignette aired on Raw, CM Punk declared about his return, “My comeback will be the greatest of all time.”

The video depicted Punk heading to the medical facility for surgery, followed by the aftermath. Post-operation, Punk encountered difficulty in performing simple tasks. “This is the most frustrating thing, simple tasks like these,” he said while trying to open the zip of a bag. “I am in a lot of pain. It’s mental more than anything. I can handle a lot of pain. I can power through hard PT. The mental aspect of it, I think, is a lot harder than the physical.”

You can watch the vignette in the video below:

The triceps injury occurred during the 2024 Men's Royal Rumble Match, which Drew McIntyre claimed responsibility for. As a result of the injury, Punk will miss WrestleMania 40.

At the event, he was supposed to face Seth Rollins, but that plan sadly had to be scrapped.

However, WWE may have other plans for Punk outside of the ring. His close associate Ace Steel hinted that WWE is interested in having Punk back at the commentator’s table.

It remains to be seen if we will see Punk calling matches on TV, but when it comes to his recovery time for the surgery, it depends on the injury. A torn triceps can take quite some time to heal, and Punk could easily be out of action for at least six months, if not longer. This would mean that Punk would not be seen in the ring until August, at the very least.