PDA

View Full Version : Ex-WWE Star Billy Jack Haynes Arrested After Fatal Shooting Leaves Woman Dead

Kemo
02-12-2024, 12:47 PM
Former wrestler Billy Jack Haynes was arrested at his home in Portland this week following the fatal shooting of a woman believed to be his wife.

Local news reports that the incident unfolded on Thursday morning with police receiving a call at around 9:52 AM. Upon arrival, they found a woman's lifeless body inside the home of the former wrestler. Hanes had "not cooperated with officers" and with fears that he was armed, a tactical team was brought in.

After a tense standoff, Haynes "eventually came out" of the home and was detained. There is no ongoing threat to the community according to police. Neighbor Steve Odry said the following:

“I decided to go for a walk when I saw all the cops down by my house. And I just then noticed all the blocks taped off and I just came down here.”

Police at the scene did not identify the woman found in the house. It was noted by neighbors that Haynes lived in the home with his wife.

Trained by Stu Hart, Haynes broke into the wrestling business in 1982 and would join the World Wrestling Federation in 1986. Haynes would feud with Randy Savage over the Intercontinental Championship and later with Hercules Hernandez over who was stronger. Haynes and Hernandez fought in the 'Battle of the Full Nelsons' at WrestleMania 3, as both men used this move as a signature hold. The match went to a double count-out.

Haynes left the WWF in early 1988 under some controversy. In one version of his exit, Haynes quit the WWF after refusing to do a job in his hometown of Portland, Oregon. Another telling of his exit said that he wrestled the match and the finish and was fired afterward.