PDA

View Full Version : The Rock's WWE WrestleMania Power Play 'Feels Gross' To Seth Rollins

Kemo
02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
The Rock's return to WWE caused shockwaves all over. Fans spoke out with a lot of unhappiness, because they didn't like the idea of the Great One taking Cody Rhodes' WrestleMania spot. Now, we are looking at what is next, and Seth Rollins saw the whole thing unfold.

During Thursday's WWE WrestleMania 40 Kickoff event, Cody Rhodes announced his challenge to Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Title at WrestleMania 40.

There was anticipation that WWE would unveil The Rock vs. Reigns instead, a plan that remains intact, while Rhodes was initially expected to challenge World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins.

The plan for Rock vs. Reigns had been kept under wraps last month following Dwayne Johnson's appointment to the TKO Board of Directors. This arrangement was part of a deal that Johnson strongly advocated for, despite Rhodes expressing his desire to conclude his ongoing storyline.

While speaking with FOX News, Seth Rollins said that The Rock's entire return to take a WrestleMania spot against Roman Reigns felt gross, but now it appears that Cody Rhodes is going to get what he wants.

"It’s just what happens when powerful people exert their power. They just think they do whatever they want and get away with it, and that sucks. It just sucks. I don’t know any other way to put it. I guess it (resulted) in Cody getting what he wanted. We’ll figure out what’s next for the World Heavyweight title. But Cody said it best. It’s bullsh*t. It feels pretty gross to me."

We will have to see how WWE books WrestleMania 40 at this point. As we previously noted, there is an interesting expectation at this point.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that, "The press conference also ended with the idea of a Reigns & Rock vs. Rhodes & Rollins tag team match, which could be on day one at Mania."

It is also important to note that three days ago, a tenured member of the creative team told me, "We have not been told of any change. That doesn't mean the plan hasn't changed. Or won't change. Or this is all a plan anyway. It just means we're not being told."