PDA

View Full Version : Natalya Opens Up About 'The Dungeon 2.0'

Kemo
02-12-2024, 06:32 PM
As she continues to move forward with her own career, Natalya also continues to give back to her fellow wrestlers.

Not too far from their home in Florida, Natalya and her husband TJ Wilson run The Dungeon 2.0, where performers across multiple companies have the opportunity to hone their in-ring skills with other active competitors. In recent years, the Dungeon 2.0 has brought in the likes of Liv Morgan, Jade Cargill, Angelo Dawkins, TJPW's Miyu Yamashita, and AEW's Ricky Starks.

During a recent interview with TV Insider, Natalya further explained the motivation behind opening up The Dungeon 2.0 as a training space.

"TJ and I rented a warehouse. A little warehouse. There is no air conditioning, one small bathroom, and a wrestling ring. And the only thing you need is passion," Natalya said. "We have friends who work in every corner of the industry. We have friends from every promotion. Our ring is not a school where you can sign up, or pay a fee, or just drop in. It’s invite only. You have to know a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend."

"It’s kind of a wrestling workshop for intermediate to advanced people. We rent the space, but “The Dungeon” is our way of giving back to the industry. It’s our love letter to wrestling. I love being able to give back from women of NXT to women in the independent industry to women who love this industry."

When asked who she's particularly enjoyed working with, Natalya highlighted recent WWE signee Jade Cargill. At the beginning of January, Cargill put in a fierce training session at The Dungeon alongside the likes of Ricky Starks, Angelo Dawkins, and B-Fab.

"When Jade Cargill asked to train in 'The Dungeon,' I was so honored because when she asked she had just lost her mother," Natalya said. "I thought, ‘That shows me right there the women we are going to get in WWE. Someone who has such passion for this.’ Having just lost a parent and thinking, ‘You know what? This is a positive focus for me and a way to shift my focus to work hard.’

I have so much respect for her for wanting to train during that difficult time in her life. 'The Dungeon' is our love letter to professional wrestling."

Three weeks after training at The Dungeon, Cargill made her official WWE in-ring debut at the 2024 Royal Rumble event. There, Cargill entered the Women's Royal Rumble match from the #28 position, eliminating three competitors from the field -- one of which was "The Irresistible Force" Nia Jax.