PDA

View Full Version : Tony Khan Glad The "Terrible" Allegations Against WWE Are Getting Attention

Kemo
02-13-2024, 10:07 PM
Tony Khan will not comment on the allegations against former WWE Chairman Vince McMahon but is focused on ensuring a safe work environment in AEW.

McMahon re-signed from TKO and WWE last month, following a lawsuit filed by ex-employee Janel Grant. Miss Grant claims that McMahon was sexually abusive to her and that he trafficked her to others in the company, including a former UFC Heavyweight Champion.

McMahon has denied the allegations against him and, via a spokesperson, has claimed the lawsuit is rife with "obscene made-up instances that never occurred."

Sitting down with Amy Kaplan of Fansided, Khan was asked for his take on the lawsuit but opted not to comment.

“I can’t comment on the terrible allegations against WWE right now. That’s something people are paying a lot of attention to right now, with good reason."

Khan added that for AEW, their focus remains on creating a safe locker room for everyone and fostering a supportive environment. He's proud of the AEW locker room and says talent knows they have a support system in place if anything were to arise.

"There are a lot of channels and I think everybody feels very good about having a safe workspace. There are people you can talk to. There are people in the office, but even on the wrestling side. For us, I think that’s the most important thing in any office of any workplace, is just having a lot of people that will listen."

AEW recently faced controversy after it was alleged Chris Jericho had acted inappropriately with Kylie Rae, which led to her abrupt exit in 2019.

Responding to the allegations (wearing Toni Storm's hat and glasses) Khan said that AEW takes all allegations of misconduct seriously.