PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Vows To Retire From WWE By 2027

Kemo
03-13-2024, 01:04 AM
John Cena has turned over the hourglass on his in-ring career.

Cena, who showed up in his birthday suit for the Academy Awards on Sunday, spoke on The Kelly Clarkson Show and put a cap on when he's going to be done wrestling.

"You know what, 50 is my absolute line in the sand," Cena said. "I would like to try to do it before that. But at 50 I’m just going to tweet, ‘Peace out, see ya.’ That’s it, I’m good."

The Doctor Of Thuganomics is set to turn 47 in April which only gives Cena three more years before turning half a century.

By some other legendary colleague's circumstances, Cena would be hanging it up early at the age of fifty. The Rock is currently 51, Chris Jericho is 53, Rob Van Dam is 53 and Sting just donned the facepaint for the last time at 64.

Cena also noted that he was 100% driven by WWE back in his prime, but now other passions have taken over and it's not just the silver screen.

"I was very much driven where WWE was my passion 24/7. And I’m very grateful, but I’ve grown and there’s a lot of other avenues I’m curious about in life," Cena said. "And certainly being a great husband and partner is one of those. So I just want to try to do what I can in those avenues."

With SAG and the writer's guild on strike last year, Cena did spend some extra time in the squared circle and fans can likely expect the future WWE Hall Of Famer in some capacity at WrestleMania 40 in Philadelphia.