PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Explains Mindset Behind Viral Oscars Skit

Kemo
04-09-2024, 07:57 PM
John Cena is known to do the craziest things whether it is inside the WWE ring or outside of it. The prime example of it was The Cenation Leader's appearance at the 2024 Oscars last month.

The former world champion was called up to present the award for the best costume design. In a shocking turn of events, the wrestling star turned up to the stage wearing almost nothing. The moment went viral on the internet and there have been all kinds of speculation on the thought process behind it.

During his most recent appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, The 16-time world champion was asked about the moment. McAfee remarked that the WWE star seems to be someone who doesn't take things very seriously. John Cena contrasted the statement, explaining that he takes his work very seriously:

"So I think I do take it seriously, but I take IT seriously not me looking cool. Because if you try to look cool all the time, you're just chasing a perfect view of yourself that doesn't exist. Man, I know I got a bald spot in the back of my head. I flossed it last night at WrestleMania. Me, you and like seven out of ten dudes have them. So I don't care. I'm not perfect. That's not me."

1Hj7QG7TLuc

Explaining his mindset behind the viral Oscar moment, John Cena said that he is always thinking about how to make the best out of any situation:

"So I think instead of trying to craft every situation to 'How can I look the strongest or the best?' I look at every situation [and think] 'How can we make this the best situation?' When we go over the Oscar bit and they're like, 'Oh, do you want to wear Spanx or spandex or a speedo?' [I'm like] 'No, make me as naked as possible so Disney says it's too naked.'

That's how we go about it. That's the funny bit. That's the gag. That's why everyone's entertained. I think that's what leads to polarising opinions and that's what leads to interest. People can have that stuff and say 'Oh, this is this.' But it is what it is. It's for your entertainment to decide what you want."

You can check out John Cena's full interview in the video below:

6Im983hcRz8