PDA

View Full Version : New WWE Tag Team Championships Introduced, SmackDown Tag Titles Retired

Kemo
04-20-2024, 05:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QI42nhf.png

The WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship belts have officially been retired, with the new WWE Tag Team Titles being introduced on the 4/19 WWE SmackDown.

WWE CCO Paul 'Triple H' Levesque was on the show to introduce the new titles to A-Town Down Under, who won the SmackDown Tag Titles at WrestleMania 40: Saturday. This reveal wasn't a massive surprise, however, as the Game had revealed the new World Tag Team Titles on Raw mere days earlier.

D1wy4mBm7Ak

The new championship designs are a throwback to the original WWE Tag Team Championship design that proved immensely popular with fans. No doubt this new championship design will only help solidify that this is a new era, one in which the fans feel they are being listened to.

While A-Town Down Under were pleased to receive the new gold, they pushed their luck with Triple H. The pair continued to taunt the Game which resulted in SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis stepping in and threatening to deal with the pair personally.

With new WWE Tag Team Championship titles, there was also a need for new challengers. Immediately after this presentation, a four-way tag-team match saw The Street Profits overcome New Catch Republic, Legado del Fantasma and The Authors of Pain to become the No. 1 Contenders to the WWE Tag Team Titles. The Profits are one of three teams to have held the Raw, SmackDown, and NXT Tag Team titles are are now eager to add another pair of belts to their collection.

LionDen
04-20-2024, 11:29 PM
lol They act like idiots IMO lol

The new belts look ok, now they are called the WWE Tag Team championship belts, I would think they will change the main title to the WWE championship soon and take out the "Undisputed."

They really disrespected Triple H, especially by not shaking his hand, not sure what storyline that is going to cause.

I am curious if they will defend at Backlash in France, that premium event could be all title matches lol