PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Woods Shows Support For Kofi Kingston Ahead Of King Of The Ring

Kemo
05-05-2024, 08:05 PM
It meant a lot for Xavier Woods to become King of the Ring in 2021, but sadly the New Day member will not be defending his crown in the tournament this year.

Although it wasn't technically a qualifying match, Woods lost to another man vying for the crown in GUNTHER on WWE RAW. Woods was forced to submit after GUNTER cinched in a STF during their fight as Kofi Kingston watched on. It was a big loss for Woods but it put GUNTHER in a great position to be put in the tournament.

Sure enough, GUNTHER will get his shot in the first round of the tournament this Monday on this upcoming WWE RAW as he'll take on another former King Of The Ring in Sheamus.

That's not the only first round match set to go down as the aformentioned Kingston will battle new RAW draftee in WWE Hall of Famer, Rey Mysterio Jr.

Woods took to social media to express his disappointment not being in the tournament, but also took a moment to show his love for his fellow New Day dude in Kingston (and also tease the WWE graphics department who made the error of mispelling Kofi's name). Kofi was the first to comment on his match, making sure to dedicate his match to Xavier.

"You all know how important King of the Ring has always been to me. I'm not in the tournament this year but my brother Kofi has the chance to gain the crown. BRING IT HOME FOR NEW DAY! Also please spell his name correctly on the next graphic."